Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 Help with complex code

Author  Topic 

lchavez
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2013-05-14 : 11:00:53
Hello. I'd appreciate help with a bit of code that can help me retreive data from one table in my DB.

The issue here is that on the same table I have a bill of materials that contains the part numbers of the parent part and the child parts. One same part number can have several child parts which in turn can each have more child parts.

I managed to get the information in an 'indented' form, but I need a 'summarized' form, meaning that instead of having the information horizontally, I need to retreive it vertically, so I can see the whole bill of materials in a simple manner: Parent part first (with quantities), child parts after and 'grandchilds' after that (if any).

I hope someone can help me out with this.

Thank you very much in advance.

Lenar C.

Bustaz Kool
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1834 Posts

Posted - 2013-05-14 : 11:20:51
Not sure what you actually want. Pretty sure that having the table definition, sample data and expected output would help.

=================================================
I am not one of those who in expressing opinions confine themselves to facts. (Mark Twain)
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -