SQL Server Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 Importing long text from Access 2003 to SQL 2012
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mulefeathers
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2013 :  11:35:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am trying to import about 3000 rows of data from Access to SQL. I am using the wizard and able to import about 1600 of those rows. This is a copy of my report:

Operation stopped...

- Initializing Data Flow Task (Success)

- Initializing Connections (Success)

- Setting SQL Command (Success)

- Setting Source Connection (Success)

- Setting Destination Connection (Success)

- Validating (Success)

- Prepare for Execute (Success)

- Pre-execute (Success)

- Executing (Success)

- Copying to [dbo].[Skinner Supplier Corrective Actions] (Error)
* Error 0x80004005: Data Flow Task 1: (SQL Server Import and Export Wizard)

* Error 0xc0208265: Data Flow Task 1: Failed to retrieve long data for column "Findings".
(SQL Server Import and Export Wizard)

* Error 0xc020901c: Data Flow Task 1: There was an error with Source - Skinner Supplier Corrective Actions.Outputs[OLE DB Source Output] on Source - Skinner Supplier Corrective Actions. The column status returned was: "DBSTATUS_UNAVAILABLE".

* Error 0xc0209029: Data Flow Task 1: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_INDUCEDTRANSFORMFAILUREONERROR. The "Source - Skinner Supplier Corrective Actions.Outputs[OLE DB Source Output]" failed because error code 0xC0209071 occurred, and the error row disposition on "Source - Skinner Supplier Corrective Actions" specifies failure on error. An error occurred on the specified object of the specified component. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

* Error 0xc0047038: Data Flow Task 1: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED. The PrimeOutput method on Source - Skinner Supplier Corrective Actions returned error code 0xC0209029. The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

- Post-execute (Success)
* Information 0x4004300b: Data Flow Task 1: "Destination - Skinner Supplier Corrective Actions" wrote 1616 rows.

I have tried changing the data type in both SQL and access with some slightly different results but still won't complete the import. One of the errors when changing was that it couldn't convert long text to varchar(MAX) so I went back to nvarchar(MAX) and that is when it would import 1600 rows.

Could someone please point me in the correct direction t fix this. Thank yo in advance.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000