Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 Microsoft.SqlServer.Replication.ComErrorException;

Author  Topic 

JShann
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2013-05-24 : 12:52:39
Hello,

I have a quick question that I have really been struggling with as of late. I'm going to keep it simple. I am developing an application that uses a two databases running different types of Sql Server, one 32-bit and the other 64 bit. Basically, I need to build my application using Configuration properties of "x86" because accessing the 32-bit database has been deemed more important. The problem occurs when accessing the 64-bit database, I receive the exception Microsoft.SqlServer.Replication.ComErrorException, "class not registered". Unfortunately I can't use the most suggested solution of changing the build properties to "Any CPU" because it breaks access to the 32-bit database. Does anyone have an idea about how I would fix this in another manner? I've tried adding references to Microsoft.SqlServer.Replication.dll, Microsoft.SqlServer.Rmo.dll among others and still no luck. Any advice is appreciated and I thank you in advance.

- Advertisement -