Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2008)
 Import/export wizard won't run

Author  Topic 

Karmashock
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2013-06-05 : 15:41:59
Keep getting this error:
TITLE: SQL Server Import and Export Wizard
------------------------------

The SSIS Data Flow Task could not be created. Verify that DTSPipeline.dll is available and registered. The wizard cannot continue and it will terminate.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Cannot create a task with the name "STOCK:PipelineTask". Verify that the name is correct.
({A6946AE0-BF71-455C-AF64-016362729ECB})

BUTTONS:

OK

Tried the 32 and 64 bit versions and the registry key changes but the error is the same.

Looked around on the internet for solutions.

They said uninstall and reinstall. I've done that four times.

They said use regsvr32 to unregister and then reregister the dll. That said "access denied" or an error code that means the same thing.

Tried looking through the registry for it but every reference I saw to the file referenced the correct path. There are two versions of the file. One in the 32bit folder and one in the 64 bit folder. Both seem to be properly linked. Though again... Access denied when I try to change them. And that's with an administrator account. So thank you very f'ing much Windows 7.

Anyway. All I want to do is extract a view in a database to an excel file. That's it. Why this is so complicated... I do not know. I need that view. There are something like 20,000 records in it. I just need that pushed to an excel file and then I'm going to trash can this program and mind wipe the whole experience with hard liquor.

Help me out here. Is this really the only way to get data out of an MDF file? Install MSSQL 2008 Express, install the management suite, create a bogus database, attach the file to that database, then export through the export wizard?

COME ON!? There has to be some simple program that can just rip this silly thing apart and crap the data out. I'm not trying to use the database system. I just want the data out.

Help me out here. This is frustrating.

James K
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3873 Posts

Posted - 2013-06-05 : 17:24:59
Googling for your error message, I found this; take a look unless you have already tried all that. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlintegrationservices/thread/b0e472f8-1163-44e4-ad70-d6668d530ecc/
Go to Top of Page

Karmashock
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2013-06-13 : 14:18:05
quote:
Originally posted by James K

Googling for your error message, I found this; take a look unless you have already tried all that. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlintegrationservices/thread/b0e472f8-1163-44e4-ad70-d6668d530ecc/

I tried that before registering on the forum. I bypassed the situation by installing "database browser"... Its a freeware utility and from there I was able to export the information.

Seriously MS... Why? It just annoys people.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -