Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Transact-SQL (2008)
 Deploying database to client envirenment

Author  Topic 

meet_binay
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 2013-06-17 : 09:22:24
Hi,
I am using .net 2005 for front end and sql server 2005 for back end. After development if I deploy the code in client environment, client needs .net frame work 2.0 not the whole .net 2005 on his system.

1) Similarly is there anything for sql server data base so that we do not need to install whole sql server 2005 in client's environment, instead install that compact frame work kind of thing which recognizes the sql data base .mdf file and and all of its components.

2)For that edition, If I keep .mdf and .ldf file in debug/release folder in client pc then what will be the .net connection string.

MIK_2008
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1054 Posts

Posted - 2013-06-17 : 11:33:45
quote:
Originally posted by meet_binay

1) Similarly is there anything for sql server data base so that we do not need to install whole sql server 2005 in client's environment, instead install that compact frame work kind of thing which recognizes the sql data base .mdf file and and all of its components.

2)For that edition, If I keep .mdf and .ldf file in debug/release folder in client pc then what will be the .net connection string.

I believe ".mdf" and ".ldf" files can only be read by SQL server Engine, so you've to install SQL server (engine at least) in order to make use of these data files.

Cheers
MIK
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -