Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 Transact-SQL (2012)
 Function returns table or message

Author  Topic 

GabrielAp
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2013-06-29 : 21:52:58
Hello guys, I created a function that returns a table but I have to check if the table is empty if the table is empty I have to return a message, does anyone know how to perform the check if the table is empty? And return a message?

Here is my function:

REATE FUNCTION FNC_GANHADORES(@COD_PARTIDA INTEGER, @NOME_TIMEA VARCHAR(100),@PLACAR_TIMEA INTEGER, @NOME_TIMEB VARCHAR(100), @PLACAR_TIMEB INTEGER)
RETURNS TABLE

AS

RETURN

SELECT FKIDUSUARIO FROM APOSTA A
INNER JOIN PARTIDA ON (A.APOSTAPLACARSELECAO_A = PARTIDA.PLACARSELECAR_A)
WHERE PLACARSELECAR_A = @PLACAR_TIMEA AND PLACARSELECAO_B = @PLACAR_TIMEB

James K
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3873 Posts

Posted - 2013-06-29 : 23:31:32
Who is the consumer of the function? If you are using the function in your own code, then you can add the check to see if there are any rows in the table that is returned and generate the appropriate message.
Go to Top of Page

GabrielAp
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2013-06-30 : 11:16:14
Sim eu mesmo realizo a chamada da funcao estou fazendo desta forma:
Select * from [dbo].[fnc_ganhadores](1,"Brasil",1,"Japao",2) porem nao sei como faco para realizar a verificação na chamada da função, voces podem me ajudar? Desde ja Obrigado.
Go to Top of Page

MuMu88
Aged Yak Warrior

549 Posts

Posted - 2013-06-30 : 13:12:36
Tente usar COUNT () operador, se ele retorna> = 1, em seguida, completar a sua chamada de erro de retorno esle função ou aviso.
[CODE]
Select COUNT(1) from [dbo].[fnc_ganhadores](1,"Brasil",1,"Japao",2)
[/CODE]

Go to Top of Page

GabrielAp
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2013-06-30 : 14:09:57
Muito obrigado pela ajuda gente, MuMu88 e James K, sabia que encontraria ajuda aqui.
A resolução ficou assim:

DECLARE @NUM INTEGER

SET @NUM = (SELECT COUNT (1) FROM [dbo].[FNC_GANHADORES](1,'BRASIL',0,'JAPAO',2))
BEGIN
IF @NUM = 0
PRINT 'NENHUMA APOSTA'
ELSE
SELECT * FROM [dbo].[FNC_GANHADORES](1,'BRASIL',0,'JAPAO',2)
END
Go to Top of Page

MuMu88
Aged Yak Warrior

549 Posts

Posted - 2013-06-30 : 15:37:51
nós estamos contentes de ajudar
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -