Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Administration
 Distributor Database Moving

Author  Topic 

sunsanvin
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1274 Posts

Posted - 2013-07-04 : 08:22:34
Hi Team,
at present, we are standalone servers with windows server 2003 and sql server 2005 ent sp4. we have merge replication in place for three different regions. it is working fine. I've configured Mirroring as well to have high availability. it is also fine, and after doing failovers, publications also moving. but now problem is with Distributor database. when the primary is having distributir database as well, replication is failing. there are no other options to replicate or mirror distributor database. What is the solution for this?

1) If i backup the distrubtion and restore on a new server, will the replication work? how can i re-route the publications to identify the new distributor database? is it possible to restore?

2) If I move the mdf and ldf files to the new instance and attach there, will the replication work? how can i re-route publications to the new distributor database?

Please think of this scenario and provide your inputs to make this done. Clustering can provide solution, but client is not interested to invest on clustering.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Arnav
Even you learn 1%, Learn it with 100% confidence.

sunsanvin
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1274 Posts

Posted - 2013-07-09 : 02:45:29
Hi Experts, am i not gave the sufficient info for this? I'm helpless if you people are not responding on this. please provide me your inputs.

Arnav
Even you learn 1%, Learn it with 100% confidence.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -