SQL Server Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Administration
 Distributor Database Moving
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sunsanvin
Flowing Fount of Yak Knowledge

India
1266 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  08:22:34  Show Profile  Send sunsanvin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Team,
at present, we are standalone servers with windows server 2003 and sql server 2005 ent sp4. we have merge replication in place for three different regions. it is working fine. I've configured Mirroring as well to have high availability. it is also fine, and after doing failovers, publications also moving. but now problem is with Distributor database. when the primary is having distributir database as well, replication is failing. there are no other options to replicate or mirror distributor database. What is the solution for this?

1) If i backup the distrubtion and restore on a new server, will the replication work? how can i re-route the publications to identify the new distributor database? is it possible to restore?

2) If I move the mdf and ldf files to the new instance and attach there, will the replication work? how can i re-route publications to the new distributor database?

Please think of this scenario and provide your inputs to make this done. Clustering can provide solution, but client is not interested to invest on clustering.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Arnav
Even you learn 1%, Learn it with 100% confidence.

sunsanvin
Flowing Fount of Yak Knowledge

India
1266 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2013 :  02:45:29  Show Profile  Send sunsanvin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Experts, am i not gave the sufficient info for this? I'm helpless if you people are not responding on this. please provide me your inputs.

Arnav
Even you learn 1%, Learn it with 100% confidence.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000