SQL Server Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2012)
 IP addresse blocked for a specific database in the
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mmajid
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2013 :  15:07:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
Please can you help me? I have a big problem with SQL server 2012 installed on the windows server 2012 :
I have three Databases on a named instance 192.168.1.1\BIOUGNACH2012SP1 and some time the end users try to connect to one of the three databases (for example to the first company: Biougnach équipement) but the connection failed, for the two other databases it's work correctly.

So I change just the IP address of the machine(end user) to a new one and when I try again the connection work correctly.
for more information :
- when the machine is blocked I ping on the server address and the ping work correctly.
- I have disable firewall on the windows server 2012.
- The application connected to 3 databases (3 company) in the same server and named instance.
- I use the same connection string in the application, I change just the database Name, I use the same user/password for the three databases.
Please Help me & Many thanks in advance.

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

USA
35934 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2013 :  13:09:45  Show Profile  Visit tkizer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would add a SQL alias to the client computer, specifying the port that SQL is listening on (would mean you'd have to use a static port).

Oh and we need to see the error message.

Tara Kizer
Microsoft MVP for Windows Server System - SQL Server
http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/tarad/

Subscribe to my blog
Go to Top of Page

yelouati
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2013 :  00:54:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it does not sound like a connection string issue. All 3 databases should respond to the same IP and Port.

Are using a SQL ID or Windows ID to connect. If it is a SQL ID, make sure it is not orphaned. That would do it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000