Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2008)
 Field length:93982 exceeds maximum limit of 65535.

Author  Topic 

Badjjl
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 2013-08-10 : 19:26:19
Hi All

I have a SSIS package where I am trying to load data using a odbc connection via ADO NET Source into a ole db connection but getting the error Field length:93982 exceeds maximum limit of 65535. The DSN obdc connection is coming from a data source connection based on this url=https://sho.service-now.com. I believe that this error might be because the table that SSIS is trying to connect to has too many rows in it or one of the datatype fields exceed 655335 but I have checked the table datatype fields and no fields have such a large size. Also when I try to Preview the connection SSIS returns a timeout message. Is there a setting that can bypass this check or a way to increase the size limit? Please help, thanks Julian See below

Error: 0xC0047062 at Data Flow Task, ADO NET Source Incident [1621]: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [HY000] [DataDirect][ODBC OpenAccess SDK driver][OpenAccess SDK SQL Engine]Disk cache error. [code]Field length:93982 exceeds maximum limit of 65535.[10232]

SwePeso
Patron Saint of Lost Yaks

30421 Posts

Posted - 2013-08-11 : 02:26:24
The error message indicates you are not connecting to Microsoft SQL Server.
If you are using MySQL, try ask over at www.dbforums.com

Microsoft SQL Server MVP, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, MCITP, MCTS, MCDBA
Go to Top of Page

Badjjl
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 2013-08-11 : 16:51:11
Hi SwePeso
I am trying to populate a table in SQL Server 2008 using SSIS but the source is from a Url on a web from a third party software which has been developed in My SQL database but I don't have access to this database just a Url web address which is held within the ODBC DSN connection source.
Thanks
Julian
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -