Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Development Tools
 Reporting Services Development
 SSRS Passing Multiple Values to Multi-Value Parame

Author  Topic 

johnellis
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2013-08-14 : 14:59:11
Hello:

I have an SSRS report with a subreport. Each report has two parameters. And, the parameters are the same. One pulls data from a work center, while the other pulls data from manufacturing orders.

If I run either the main report or the subreport, with one value for each parameter, the report(s) runs fine. But, if I choose say every value in each parameter, no data appears.

The entire project is based on SQL stored procedures that I created. I tested those stored procedures in SQL, and they display data accurately when I run the same tests that I ran in SSRS. So, the problem is definitely in SSRS itself.

I have been reading today online about how developers place the following expressions within the main dataset of the SSRS report and subreport respectively:

=join(Parameters!ParamName.Value,",")
=Split(join(Parameters!ParamName.Value,","),",")

Also, the “verbiage” online says to modify the stored procedures’ parameter “@-symbols” to contain the following: ‘,’. I have done all of this, but I still get the same result—blank data upon choosing multiple values. Also, SSRS gives off a warning shown at the end of this e-mail.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

John

Warning 1 [rsInvalidExpressionDataType] The Value expression used in textrun ‘currentstep1.Paragraphs[0].TextRuns[0]’ returned a data type that is not valid. F:\SSRS\Manufacturing Scheduling\Mfg Scheduling\Mfg Scheduling\Current Step Subreport.rdl 0 0

MuMu88
Aged Yak Warrior

549 Posts

Posted - 2013-08-15 : 10:46:35
Since join(Parameters!ParamName.Value,",")
returns a comma separated list of values, you can not use '=' operator for comparison.

Try this:
if you want to include the list in a where clause
[CODE]

SELECT ..... FROM .... WHERE (<column_name> IN (@parametername, ','))

[/CODE]

if you want to display the list then you can use
= join(Parameters!ParamName.Value,",")
in your expression
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -