SQL Server Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 Import/Export (DTS) and Replication (2000)
 DTS Transformation Task Columns
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

atifbhinder
Starting Member

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2013 :  02:00:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
I am trying to make some changes in an old DTS.
simple question is if there is a maximum number of columns that can be exported to a flat file destination?

the whole scenario is that
The DTS has a Flat file destination, which writes a csv file from a view in database with fairly large number of columns. I define the source and define the location of the destination file on the destination tab.. Then I go further to define the columns by clicking "define columns", in the pop-up window, I choose "populate from source", it populates the list of columns. all is well until I press "execute", as soon as do that it does not populate the columns back to the "destination" tab. and when I again click "define column", the enterprise manager crashes.
it does not happen if number of columns =< 18.
any clue?

atifbhinder
Starting Member

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2013 :  18:34:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Further to explain the problem is that, if the number of the column in the source is less than 18, I can easily get them in the transformation and write them to the destination. but when more than that i causes issues and I cannot proceed with my changes. and the issue I have already mentioned that there are no column picked up in the transformation so I cant define any transformation.

I will be really thankful if any1 has any clue at all... I can create an SSIS 2008 package to replace the current DTS. but it is not feasible at the moment as a lot of things are hinging on these DTS's and the replacement would need a long testing before actually replacing the DTS. Also, I dont yet know as to how this would affect the whole system.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000