Please start any new threads on our new site at http://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

Our new SQL Server Forums are live! Come on over! We've restricted the ability to create new threads on these forums.

SQL Server Forums
Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Transact-SQL (2008)
 [SOLVED]Query adjustment
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nechtmarrie
Starting Member

Belgium
24 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2013 :  06:43:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I currently have a querry that gathers data for a report to be printed out.

Basicly what it dous is it checks wether the truck number assinged to a shipment is a "Bakwagen" and if the type of chauffeur/driver is a dag/day type.

SELECT Planlijst.Plan_ID, Planlijst.Datum, Planlijst.Nummer, Planlijst.Naam, Planlijst.Vertrek, Planlijst.Vertrek_Tikklok, Planlijst.Rit_1, Planlijst.Rit_2, Planlijst.Rit_3,
Planlijst.TrailerNo1, Planlijst.TrailerNo2, Planlijst.TrailerNo3, Planlijst.smsstatus, Planlijst.Incidentieel
FROM Planlijst LEFT OUTER JOIN
Vrachtwagens ON Planlijst.Nummer = Vrachtwagens.Nummer INNER JOIN
Chauffeurs ON Planlijst.Naam = Chauffeurs.Naam
WHERE (Planlijst.Datum = @Datum) AND (Chauffeurs.Type = 'Dag') AND (Vrachtwagens.Type = 'Bakwagen')

Now i want to also include shipments where the incidential field is set to 1, instead of the chauffeur beying a day type. So i adjusted my querry to the following:

SELECT Planlijst.Plan_ID, Planlijst.Datum, Planlijst.Nummer, Planlijst.Naam, Planlijst.Vertrek, Planlijst.Vertrek_Tikklok, Planlijst.Rit_1, Planlijst.Rit_2, Planlijst.Rit_3,
Planlijst.TrailerNo1, Planlijst.TrailerNo2, Planlijst.TrailerNo3, Planlijst.smsstatus, Planlijst.Incidentieel
WHERE (Planlijst.Datum = @Datum) AND (Planlijst.Incidentieel = 1 OR Chauffeurs.Type = 'Dag') AND (Vrachtwagens.Type = 'Bakwagen')

This however dous not work, it just shows all the results like before but not any shipments that are marked incidential.

Anyone knows why this is?

grts,
Necht

Edited by - nechtmarrie on 09/04/2013 09:10:06

bandi
Flowing Fount of Yak Knowledge

India
2241 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2013 :  06:51:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
--try this
WHERE (Planlijst.Datum = @Datum) AND (Planlijst.Incidentieel = 1 OR Chauffeurs.Type = 'Dag') AND (Vrachtwagens.Type = 'Bakwagen')

--
Chandu
Go to Top of Page

nechtmarrie
Starting Member

Belgium
24 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2013 :  06:59:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If i would use that all the orders where incidential = 0 would not be displayed anymore.
Go to Top of Page

nechtmarrie
Starting Member

Belgium
24 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2013 :  07:37:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried running the querry with that adjustment just now and it returns no results at all
Go to Top of Page

nechtmarrie
Starting Member

Belgium
24 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2013 :  09:09:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I solved it using an UNION, combining 2 querrys
Go to Top of Page

bandi
Flowing Fount of Yak Knowledge

India
2241 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2013 :  09:13:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok... try this too
WHERE (Planlijst.Datum = @Datum) AND (Planlijst.Incidentieel = 1 AND Chauffeurs.Type = 'Dag') AND (Vrachtwagens.Type = 'Bakwagen')

--
Chandu
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000