Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Transact-SQL (2008)
 [SOLVED]Query adjustment

Author  Topic 

nechtmarrie
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - 2013-09-04 : 06:43:45
Hi,

I currently have a querry that gathers data for a report to be printed out.

Basicly what it dous is it checks wether the truck number assinged to a shipment is a "Bakwagen" and if the type of chauffeur/driver is a dag/day type.

SELECT Planlijst.Plan_ID, Planlijst.Datum, Planlijst.Nummer, Planlijst.Naam, Planlijst.Vertrek, Planlijst.Vertrek_Tikklok, Planlijst.Rit_1, Planlijst.Rit_2, Planlijst.Rit_3,
Planlijst.TrailerNo1, Planlijst.TrailerNo2, Planlijst.TrailerNo3, Planlijst.smsstatus, Planlijst.Incidentieel
FROM Planlijst LEFT OUTER JOIN
Vrachtwagens ON Planlijst.Nummer = Vrachtwagens.Nummer INNER JOIN
Chauffeurs ON Planlijst.Naam = Chauffeurs.Naam
WHERE (Planlijst.Datum = @Datum) AND (Chauffeurs.Type = 'Dag') AND (Vrachtwagens.Type = 'Bakwagen')

Now i want to also include shipments where the incidential field is set to 1, instead of the chauffeur beying a day type. So i adjusted my querry to the following:

SELECT Planlijst.Plan_ID, Planlijst.Datum, Planlijst.Nummer, Planlijst.Naam, Planlijst.Vertrek, Planlijst.Vertrek_Tikklok, Planlijst.Rit_1, Planlijst.Rit_2, Planlijst.Rit_3,
Planlijst.TrailerNo1, Planlijst.TrailerNo2, Planlijst.TrailerNo3, Planlijst.smsstatus, Planlijst.Incidentieel
WHERE (Planlijst.Datum = @Datum) AND (Planlijst.Incidentieel = 1 OR Chauffeurs.Type = 'Dag') AND (Vrachtwagens.Type = 'Bakwagen')

This however dous not work, it just shows all the results like before but not any shipments that are marked incidential.

Anyone knows why this is?

grts,
Necht

bandi
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2242 Posts

Posted - 2013-09-04 : 06:51:45
--try this
WHERE (Planlijst.Datum = @Datum) AND (Planlijst.Incidentieel = 1 OR Chauffeurs.Type = 'Dag') AND (Vrachtwagens.Type = 'Bakwagen')

--
Chandu
Go to Top of Page

nechtmarrie
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - 2013-09-04 : 06:59:56
If i would use that all the orders where incidential = 0 would not be displayed anymore.
Go to Top of Page

nechtmarrie
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - 2013-09-04 : 07:37:58
I tried running the querry with that adjustment just now and it returns no results at all
Go to Top of Page

nechtmarrie
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - 2013-09-04 : 09:09:56
I solved it using an UNION, combining 2 querrys
Go to Top of Page

bandi
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2242 Posts

Posted - 2013-09-04 : 09:13:50
ok... try this too
WHERE (Planlijst.Datum = @Datum) AND (Planlijst.Incidentieel = 1 AND Chauffeurs.Type = 'Dag') AND (Vrachtwagens.Type = 'Bakwagen')

--
Chandu
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -