Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Other SQL Server 2008 Topics
 Unable to connect to EDMSIM SQL server instance,

Author  Topic 

ntaguru
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2013-10-05 : 15:32:13
Hi there,

I have an issue here, I am using a simulation program call EDMSIM, installed SQL 2008 server express and .net framework 4 and above + the update, + I event installed sql server 2008 sp1/sp3. After installing these program I install my simulation program and I keep receiving the error "Unable to connect to EDMSIM SQL Server instance,Please verify that the EDMSIM SQL server has been installed correctly"

Any idea why I am getting this error, I appreciate any input you may provide to fix this issue.

Thank you.
Marvin

James K
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3873 Posts

Posted - 2013-10-06 : 08:33:59
If there is a configuration dialog or another place where you can specify the connection parameters, take a look at that. The instance you connect to should be ".\SQLExpress" (assuming EDMSIM and SQL Server are installed on the same computer - if not, replace the dot with the network name of the server computer).
Go to Top of Page

ntaguru
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2013-10-06 : 12:55:11
Thank you for your reply, I dont know exactly where to specify the connection parameters on SQL program or settings? I am using a stand alone laptop computer and .Net Framework 4.5 updated and SQL Server 2008 express are installed. Still I am getting error message.
Go to Top of Page

James K
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3873 Posts

Posted - 2013-10-06 : 17:10:46
I am not familiar with EDMSIM, so I am unable to help. SQL Server is a stand alone product; EDMSIM connects to it. So somewhere in the settings or configuration of EDMSIM there has to be something that will indicate to it which instance of SQL Server to connect to. That is what you want to look for. If there are forums for EDMSIM, you might want to ask there.

One thing that you should do though, is to make sure that SQL Server is correctly installed and running. To do that, Start->Run, services.msc. There you should see something like SQL Server (SQL Express). Verify that that service is running.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -