Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Other SQL Server 2008 Topics
 Prevent SQL from Autopopulating

Author  Topic 

cstokes91
Yak Posting Veteran

72 Posts

Posted - 2013-10-10 : 12:56:06
Hey,

This isn't a super big deal but it is more of a nuisance that anything else... When I am typing out a query and am typing in a case statement like

case when X is not null then Y end

when I type is it automatically fills out isDate when I hit space to go to the next word... is there anyway to just specifically stop it from doing that for that keyword (is)? Also, case is another word I would like to prevent it from autopopulating different options.

djj55
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

352 Posts

Posted - 2013-10-10 : 13:29:38
Turn off IntelliSense.

Or do what I do and type isnot as one word then add the space

djj
Go to Top of Page

cstokes91
Yak Posting Veteran

72 Posts

Posted - 2013-10-10 : 13:38:56
Hmm,

Neither of those is a perfect solution... IntelliSense can be useful so I don't want it to be completely disabled... I was just hoping to disable a few choice keywords such as or, case, and is.

And if I did that then I would still have to press the left arrow three times so it would be quicker to just hit ESC (so I am still stuck at square one).

I guess what I am looking for is something like what is in Microsoft Word with the AutoCorrect options.
Go to Top of Page

djj55
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

352 Posts

Posted - 2013-10-10 : 15:25:10
Since Microsoft Word is an unrealted company to Microsoft SQL Server, they do not share information. :-)

I do not know what to tell you. My trouble is when typing CAST(myval AS DATE) the Intellisense puts in DATEADD. :-(

Let me know if you come across a solution.

By-the-way I am only half joking when say in Word and SQL do not talk.

djj
Go to Top of Page

robvolk
Most Valuable Yak

15732 Posts

Posted - 2013-10-10 : 21:34:25
quote:
Originally posted by djj55
By-the-way I am only half joking when say in Word and SQL do not talk.
That's true, they probably do talk now and then. It's the Sharepoint, BizTalk, and Project Server folks who never talk to the SQL Server team.

/not actually joking, they really don't
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -