Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 How to import data from MySQL to SQL Compact 3.5?

Author  Topic 

WarrenW
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - 2013-10-14 : 10:24:53
Hello everyone,

I have a VB.NET program written for a handheld scanner running Windows CE 5.0 for a client. I am using the SQL Compact 3.5 server on the unit with a .SDF file (database). The main database is on a windows server with MySQL and all of this must stay this way. I need to update the scanner's database with the latest updated data and also copy some tables of data to the MySQL server. I'm trying to figure the best way to do this.

I can even write an asp.net page to connect to the MySQL with but I still need to get the data from the sdf database file and also write back to it. All of this needs to run automated without any conversion tools to use. For going from MySQL to the SDF file if I knew how to just write a new sdf file with the site I would do that and just copy it to the scanners. There are about 300K or more of records on the MySQL table. The data to go TO the MySQL are records of sales like 200 rows per day.

Thanks for your help!!

Warren

- Advertisement -