Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 SQL Server 2012 training courses

Author  Topic 

slider09
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2013-10-15 : 08:11:13
Hi

I've just joined this forum being a new user of SQL Server 2012. I currently work within the IT sector but would like move to a more SQL database / .NET developer role. I would like to look at SQL courses as I have very little knowledge in this area.

Could anyone recommend a recognised SQL course which employers look for when assessing candidates for SQL roles please? I am located in the UK, currently unsure whether to use a distance learning method or take a week of work and partake in one of these fast track courses.

What are your thoughts on the MCSE qualification?

Appreciate any help / comments regarding this.

Thank you.

James K
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3873 Posts

Posted - 2013-10-15 : 08:32:56
In my experience, most employers give very little credence to Microsoft Certifications.

Depending on your learning style, you might consider signing up for
a) safaribooksonline.com - it is a subscription based technical book library; there are a few videos, but mostly books. You can find almost all books on SQL programming there.
b) pluralsight.com - it is a subscription based video training site. There are a few SQL videos. They give you a trial subscription for a week or so.
c) sqlskills.com's training classes - they are immersive on-site training classes. Expensive, but also worth the money from what I have heard.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -