Posted - 10/29/2013 : 07:36:06
| Hi everybody,
bit of a bother with this:
- installed SQL Server Express on my machine (local), everything default;
- Named my instance "EXPRESS_TESTING";
- checked everything was running with "osql -L" & config mgr;
- used the connection wizard in Excel to connect & everything works fine;
- tried to do the same in Access & Access can't find the server (I copy-pasted the name of the instance from Excel, so no mistypes);
SQL Server Error: 67
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL SERVER Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionOpen
SQL Server Error: 17
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL SERVER Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access denied."
Anybody have a clue?
TIA for any feedback,