Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 Generating Drop-Down List At SQL Server

Author  Topic 

monelogg
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 2013-11-01 : 08:41:05
Hi, we can generate drop-down list on the tables by writing sql query at "Access". I was wondering whether or not the same thing can be done for SQL Server?
With all respects...

James K
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3873 Posts

Posted - 2013-11-01 : 10:09:33
quote:
Originally posted by monelogg

Hi, we can generate drop-down list on the tables by writing sql query at "Access". I was wondering whether or not the same thing can be done for SQL Server?
With all respects...

Do you mean intellisense support when you are writing queries? If it is, there is some intellisense support built into SQL Server Management Studio. There are third party products that provide more enhanced functionality. Redgate, Softtree, SSMS Toolpack etc.
Go to Top of Page

monelogg
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 2013-11-01 : 15:53:07
Hi, thank you for answering but I'm sorry I couldn't explain my question nicely.

The thing that I tried to mean is like at the link below.

[url]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--9sqy8PrBAg/UnQDW-KtJjI/AAAAAAAAAnU/cMTd1KapExM/s1600/dropdown.jpg[/url]
(Note: I couldn't load the picture here, so I loaded the blog.)
Go to Top of Page

James K
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3873 Posts

Posted - 2013-11-01 : 15:58:36
Where are you trying to create the dropdown list?

If it is in SQL Server Management studio, there is no feature that will allow you to do that.
If you are trying to do this in SQL Reporting Services, you can accomplish that by setting the list of values or getting the list of values from a query.
Go to Top of Page

monelogg
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 2013-11-01 : 16:46:10
Actually I don't know whether this property is exist in the SQL Server or not.
If there was exist this kind of property, it would be good for me. Unfortunately it wouldn't.
This property is helpful for me to understand the relations whether true or not between the tables.

Thanks for answering.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -