Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 help needed with sql string in vba and timestamp

Author  Topic 

punkaholic
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2013-11-05 : 07:56:09
Hi I'm new to SQL. I'm using VBA to extract data from the SQL 2008 server and put it in an excel sheet. I'm averaging the data per hour with the intention to make a weekly graph out of it. Unfortunately at some timeperiods no data has been recorded and thus no timestamp has been created. However I still need those timestamps to make a graph with a continuous time interval of an hour. Below is an example of such a timegap and also the sql string I am using. Is there a way to fill in this timegap?

kind regards,

MP2 25/10/2013 23:00
MP2 26/10/2013 0:00
MP2 26/10/2013 2:39
MP2 26/10/2013 3:00

"SELECT MonitoringLogs.MPName,Min(MonitoringLogs.TimeStamp)as Timestamp,Avg(MonitoringLogs.Easting)as Easting, &
Avg(MonitoringLogs.Northing)as Northing,Avg(MonitoringLogs.Height)as Height,Avg(MonitoringLogs.Pitch)as Pitch,Avg(MonitoringLogs.Roll)as Roll & _
FROM MonitoringLogs & _
WHERE MonitoringLogs.TimeStamp>= {ts " & Format(startdate, "\'yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss\'") & " }& _
AND MonitoringLogs.TimeStamp< {ts " & Format(enddate, "\'yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss\'") & " }& _
AND MonitoringLogs.Fix = 4 & _
GROUP BY MONTH(MonitoringLogs.TimeStamp),DAY(MonitoringLogs.TimeStamp),{fn HOUR(MonitoringLogs.TimeStamp)},MonitoringLogs.MPName & _
ORDER BY MonitoringLogs.MPName,Timestamp "

- Advertisement -