Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 Transact-SQL (2012)
 Utter noob. please advise.

Author  Topic 

ShaneAvent
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2013-11-08 : 11:00:02
I need to set up a test database, i have never really done anything like this.

I have been given a txt file to put into a query, I was told all i need to do is install an instance of sql express and execute this query but when i did, it gave me a lot of errors, beginning with AssistedSales database doesn't exist, so i found a section in the code that has "CREATE DATABASE [AssistedSales] ON PRIMARY" but it was half way down the file, i put this first in the query, and the errors changed to what you see in the image.

can anyone tell me if this is just completely wrong and i have been given a fools errand or am i missing something. Oh and also, even though the create database is at the top and i no longer receive the error about it not existing, it still doesn't get created in the left pane.

After i altered it.

Before i altered it. this is how it was given to me and told it would sort itself out...

TG
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

6065 Posts

Posted - 2013-11-08 : 11:08:10
>>I was told all i need to do is install an instance of sql express and execute this query
Unless you were hired as a DBA I would just copy the errors into a reply and send it back to the person that provided it.

If you need help fixing the errors then post the original script here - not as an image but as text within code tags:
[code ]
[ /code]

Be One with the Optimizer
TG
Go to Top of Page

sz1
Aged Yak Warrior

555 Posts

Posted - 2013-11-13 : 06:30:08
What permission have you set yourself on the server?
You first need to set yourself up as sysadmin permissions to install objects. Security - New User - YourName - set permissions to sysadmin for the account. Try script again!

SZ1
Please help me to enable me to help others!
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -