Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2005)
 How to Export tables with data from and expired db

Author  Topic 

shoebxie
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2013-12-18 : 02:16:41
There is a large amount of data in my MS Sql database which has expired. Can you please let me know if there is any way to export data and tables from my expired MS Sql database. Either to keep a backup or to export it and import it to a new database.

Its very difficult to populate that data which is present in that DB. Please help me out

Shaikh Shoeb Razzak

khtan
In (Som, Ni, Yak)

17689 Posts

Posted - 2013-12-18 : 02:52:33
what do you mean by "MS Sql database which has expired" ?

You are using trial license ?

If that expired, you can install the free Express Edition and attached the DB over (provided the DB is less than 10 GB)

KH
[spoiler]Time is always against us[/spoiler]

Go to Top of Page

shoebxie
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2013-12-18 : 03:56:40
Yes....i m in software testing
And for testing purpose we have created test dbs. And it got expired that contains data of about 1 GB.

I m new to this and i got a task to create a new db and imort the data to it from the expired db.

Can you please let me know the steps to do this in details.
It will be a great help for me.

Shaikh Shoeb Razzak
Go to Top of Page

khtan
In (Som, Ni, Yak)

17689 Posts

Posted - 2013-12-18 : 04:15:08
What got expired ? DB does not get expired. Is it the 3rd party software that you are testing that got expired ?

What version of SQL Server are you using ?

KH

Go to Top of Page

shoebxie
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2013-12-18 : 04:27:26
Yes...it is 3rd party software.

We are using SQL server 2008.

Want to know how to do porting so that i can export the data from it and import it to new db

Shaikh Shoeb Razzak
Go to Top of Page

khtan
In (Som, Ni, Yak)

17689 Posts

Posted - 2013-12-18 : 04:32:52
DB does not get expired. You should still be able to access it via tools like SQL Server Management Studio

KH

Go to Top of Page

shoebxie
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2013-12-18 : 04:46:26
third party Software was of trial version...so can v access the db in it thru SQL management studio even after it is expired

Shaikh Shoeb Razzak
Go to Top of Page

visakh16
Very Important crosS Applying yaK Herder

52326 Posts

Posted - 2013-12-18 : 07:49:59
quote:
Originally posted by shoebxie

third party Software was of trial version...so can v access the db in it thru SQL management studio even after it is expired

Shaikh Shoeb Razzak

ideally yes. you need to check for the db files (mdf,ldf etc) which can copy to your location and attach it to a sql server instance which you install. (express edition is free which you may download)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SQL Server MVP
http://visakhm.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/VmBlogs
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -