Please start any new threads on our new site at http://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

Our new SQL Server Forums are live! Come on over! We've restricted the ability to create new threads on these forums.

SQL Server Forums
Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2005)
 Which Event Classes i should use in profiler
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rajemessage
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2013 :  03:08:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear all,

I am trying to use pro filer to create a trace,so that it can be used as workload in
"Database Engine Tuning Advisor" for optimization of one stored procedure.
latter i am planning to use the tamplet to capture the trace on production server.

Please tel me about the Event classes which i should use in trace.

The stored proc contains three insert queries which insert data into a table variable,

Finally a select query is used on same table variable with one union of the same table variable, to generate a sequence for records based on certain condition of few columns.

There are three cases where i am using the above structure of the SP, so there are three SPS out of three , i will chose one based on their performance.

There are 200 to 450 cols in tables, which i am planning to normalize.
but my question is specific to profiler tamplet in following conditions.
I found there is "Tuning" template , but i want to make my own for following conditions.
please suggest.

1) There is only one table with three inserts which gets into a table variable with a final sequence creation block.

2) There are 15 tables with 45 inserts , which gets into a tabel variable with a final

sequence creation block.

3)

There are 3 tables with 9 inserts , which gets into a table variable with a final
sequence creation block.

In all the above case number of record will be around 5 lacks.

Purpose is optimization of queries in SP

like which Event Classes i should use for finding good indexs and statistics for queries in SP.

yours sincerely

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000