Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2005)
 Which Event Classes i should use in profiler

Author  Topic 

rajemessage
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 2013-12-23 : 03:08:37
Dear all,

I am trying to use pro filer to create a trace,so that it can be used as workload in
"Database Engine Tuning Advisor" for optimization of one stored procedure.
latter i am planning to use the tamplet to capture the trace on production server.

Please tel me about the Event classes which i should use in trace.

The stored proc contains three insert queries which insert data into a table variable,

Finally a select query is used on same table variable with one union of the same table variable, to generate a sequence for records based on certain condition of few columns.

There are three cases where i am using the above structure of the SP, so there are three SPS out of three , i will chose one based on their performance.

There are 200 to 450 cols in tables, which i am planning to normalize.
but my question is specific to profiler tamplet in following conditions.
I found there is "Tuning" template , but i want to make my own for following conditions.
please suggest.

1) There is only one table with three inserts which gets into a table variable with a final sequence creation block.

2) There are 15 tables with 45 inserts , which gets into a tabel variable with a final

sequence creation block.

3)

There are 3 tables with 9 inserts , which gets into a table variable with a final
sequence creation block.

In all the above case number of record will be around 5 lacks.

Purpose is optimization of queries in SP

like which Event Classes i should use for finding good indexs and statistics for queries in SP.

yours sincerely

- Advertisement -