Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 Transact-SQL (2005)
 My server tool will not start

Author  Topic 

woolf168
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2014-01-17 : 01:17:52
Hello, I have a program that runs a server tool and names itself as "insight installer database tool". When I run that program it tells me that it cannot connect to the database server. There is a icon for the database tool at the bottom right corner and it has a red slash right across it. I clicked it and there is a check mark against the stop database. I tried to turn on the database by clicking the start database but nothing happens and it will not start. I am not sure what did I do the my laptop to cause this and I tried to reload the program (called Insight Professional) but still wont run. I tried looking at permissions etc to see if its blocking the server from running but that does not seem to be the case. I am out of ideas and can anybody suggest what I can do to get it running again. I read in some other posts about regedit (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQLServer\Parameters) and from there is not a "Microsoft SQL server" in my regedit. How can I fix this if this is missing and necessary? Thanks for your help
Rgds, Leon

- Advertisement -