Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Transact-SQL (2008)
 t-sql where clause

Author  Topic 

jassie
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

332 Posts

Posted - 2014-02-05 : 16:31:37
In t-sql 2008 r2, I am trying to determine how to setup the sql to accomplish the following goal:

select table1.customer_id,type,start_date,end_date,Program_id from table1 join table2 on table1.customer_id = table2.customer_id

1. where type not= ('aa','cc') and type not = 'g2' where code = 3
In table1 there are lots of records for each customer_id and there can be lots of various values for type. I only want the customer_ids that do not contain the values listed above.
and
2. table2 has only one customer_id. Customer_id is the key of table2.
I want customers that do not have a value in one of the 3 columns:
start_date, end_date, and program_id.

Both parts 1 and 2 listed above need to be true for the customer_id to be selected.
Thus can you tell me how to setup that sql?

sree203509
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2014-02-06 : 00:24:05
select table1.customer_id,type,start_date,end_date,Program_id from table1 join table2 on table1.customer_id = table2.customer_id
where type not in ('aa','cc','g2') and code=3 and (start_date is null or end_date is null or program_id is null)
Go to Top of Page

jassie
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

332 Posts

Posted - 2014-02-06 : 10:15:02
The code = 3 only applies to type = 'g2'.

Thus how would you change the sql?
Go to Top of Page

ScottPletcher
Aged Yak Warrior

550 Posts

Posted - 2014-02-06 : 12:23:28
[code]

select table1.customer_id, table1.type, table2.start_date, table2.end_date, table2.Program_id
from table1
join table2 on
table1.customer_id = table2.customer_id
where
(table1.type not in ( 'aa', 'cc' ) and (table1.type <> 'g2' or table1.code = 3)) and
(table2.start_date is null or table2.end_date is null or table2.program_id is null)

[/code]
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -