Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 Type mismatch -- plaese help urgently

Author  Topic 

MichelleB
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 2014-02-06 : 00:34:24
hi i have a page that worked fine till last night, which shows availabilities for an artist.

now when search it comes up with an error

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'
Type mismatch
PromotionalDisplay2.asp, line 116

this is line 116 in the page
ArrRating(i) = UCASE(objRS1("Artist")) & "|" & objRS1("Rating")

Loop
objRs1.Close

i have not changed my page and it is also effecting other pages that pull this information someone pleaseeee help ive been at it for 9 hrs now and have not found anything?

is it an error in a field in the db?
quote:

MichelleB
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 2014-02-06 : 00:50:04
this also comes up on an very similar page i have that does the avails as well as an error

SELECT `Artist`, LCASE(ROUND((SUM(`Testimonials`.`Rating`) / (COUNT(`Testimonials`.`Rating`)*5) * 100), 0)) AS Rating FROM `Testimonials` GROUP BY `Artist`
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch

/public/PromotionalDisplay.asp, line 115
Go to Top of Page

Avinaash.S786
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 2014-02-06 : 04:42:07

If you still get this error, I think you can try it by removing that 'LCASE' and use to_char in that sql query

Avinaash S
Go to Top of Page

Bustaz Kool
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1834 Posts

Posted - 2014-02-06 : 13:25:39
What data types are the Artist and Rating in the database? I suspect that Rating needs to be converted to a string in the application.

===============================================================================
There are two kinds of light -- the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures. -James Thurber (1894-1961)
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -