Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Administration
 Reporting/logging from maint.-plan on data domain

Author  Topic 

leoc50
Yak Posting Veteran

54 Posts

Posted - 2014-02-07 : 17:50:52
Our company has decided to write backups and TRNs from a maintenance plan directly to a data domain. I'm able to map and create the .BAKs and/or .TRNs to the desire location. However the reporting/logging file (or maintenance plan) or log from the plan does NOT write to any location or destination in the Data Domain.It all works fine in local drives but when trying Data Domain, SQL Server fails or ignores the destination thus I don't get a log file at all.
This is a new policy from the company where all backups need be "non-local".
I am able to map the drive letter from the SQL Server to the Data Domain (again .bak and .trn but not the .txt files) and they work fine but the "small" log text file does NOT get created in the Data Domain, only in the local drives. SQL allows me to 'configure the manintenance plan' with the Data Domain path but it doesn't create the plan log file.
Has anyone run into this sort of situation? or any ideas that could help mewith this? [it is a small button called "Reporting and Logging, a small button to the right of 'manage connections' under a New Maintenance Plan]

I would really appreciate any ideas, suggestions and/or solutions to this issue.

Thanks,
Leo

- lec

- Advertisement -