Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 Adding Data to Tables

Author  Topic 

NFSRacer
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2014-03-06 : 13:05:42
Okay, so I'm currently in an SQL internship, and am running into an issue with a project they've given me. Primarily, he's asking me to try to get a table containing student entry testing information to update with a new column that's supposed to contain the testing dates. This in mind, there is another table that contains testing data, and who's students are grouped by date, the data in each group all coming from the students table. Issue is, I don't know how to get the testing dates from the TestData table into the Students table. There's already a relationship set up between the TestID fields on the TestData table (PK) and the Students table (FK), so I don't think I can set up a new relationship to get it working. Can someone help, please?

maunishq
Yak Posting Veteran

71 Posts

Posted - 2014-03-06 : 14:44:21
I am sorry, but I am not very clear about the situation.
Do you have a table into which you want to get the testing dates column? If not, first create a table.
Then you can insert the column "testing dates" into the new table either by using SELECT INTO... syntax.
It would be best to help you out if you are more clear about the available data on hand.

=======================
Not an Expert, Just a learner.
!_(M)_!
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -