Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 SQL Server 2000 - SQL Server Agent Job

Author  Topic 

CRafferty
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2014-03-21 : 07:35:06
Hello, could someone help me please.

I am using a sql server 2000 database with SQL Server Management Studio.

I have set up a job, which runs at a certain time. Step 1 sends the results of a query to an output file. This works fine.

Step 2 runs a CmdExec which is meant to take the output file from Step 1 and place it into a new shared folder.

The job keeps failing and I receive the following;

The job failed. The job was invoked by user Scheme. The last step was to run step 2.

Step 2: Executed as user: SERVERNAME\Administrator - The process could not be created for step 2 of job - Reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

From researching online, I can see that this is an issue with permissions. I am not sure why step 1 is run by my SQL Server authenticated logon and step 2 is run by the server administrator.

I have tried to 'Run as' with different users, but I am still receiving the same error.

If someone could please tell me where I am going wrong it would be much appreciated, or even if there is a better way of doing this. I did think of emailing the output file but we do not have the email set up in SQL.

Thanks
Caroline

- Advertisement -