Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Analysis Server and Reporting Services (2008)
 how to refresh SSAS cube every 30 minutes

Author  Topic 

ssunny
Posting Yak Master

133 Posts

Posted - 2014-03-31 : 16:24:28
Hello,

So I have a simple cube create using below table.

create table summary
(
id int identity (1,1) not null,
company varchar (500),
provider varchar (500),
create_date date time null
)

id is the primary key here.

In SSAS cube, I have a Measure called "Summary count" (# of records from Summary table)
I have a dimension called "summary" with three attributes (id,company,provider)
When I create a SSAS cube and deploy the project, it works fine and I can see summary clicks by company,provider in browser section of the cube.

Now I have a process which constantly keeps inserting data into summary table. I like to refresh my cube every 30 minutes with new data from summary table.

When I try to manually refresh cube in BIDS, I get an error : The attribute key cannot be found when processing table 'dbo.summary' Column 'id', value '487896' The attribute 'id'

In short it does not pick up any new records inserted in summary table. It works if I delete dimension and a cube and re create them.

How can I make this work? Ideally I want to refresh cube automatically every 30 minutes.

Thanks for your help.

sqlsaga
Yak Posting Veteran

93 Posts

Posted - 2014-03-31 : 17:25:25
you have to use the storage method as ROLAP for Real time analysis. and also you have to process update the cube to add any new records or update any existing records... It's upto you to choose which method you want to process..

Visit www.sqlsaga.com for more t-sql code snippets and BI related how to articles.
Go to Top of Page

ssunny
Posting Yak Master

133 Posts

Posted - 2014-04-01 : 10:55:24
Do you have any example for this? Actually I did not understand what you said. Can you please elaborate?

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

ssunny
Posting Yak Master

133 Posts

Posted - 2014-04-01 : 13:21:07
Ohh I got it. I changed the storage mode to ROLAP for that partition and now there is no need to refresh the cube.

Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -