Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 Data Corruption Issues
 Garbage Collection Error

Author  Topic 

wchestnut
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2014-04-11 : 13:10:59
About a month ago, I had a FileTable blow up on me for some reason and start to produce results containing corruption/inconsistency errors. Since the table only contained copied resume files from our main file server, I deleted it and attempted to re-create the Full-Text Search File Table.

Everything seemed to work fine, until I ran the following process and received this error:

EXEC sp_filestream_force_garbage_collection @dbname = N'RESUMES'

Msg 3634, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_filestream_force_garbage_collection_internal, Line 1
The operating system returned the error '145(The directory is not empty.)' while attempting 'RemoveDirectory' on 'D:\FILESTREAM\RESUME_FILES\a0798d74-a878-4551-9b81-acd807075528\de483992-99d3-479a-89ae-b6d15faaaa6f'.

I looked around and noticed there's a randomly-named hex file ("000078c1-00") at the root of the previous FILESTREAM Share folder. I can't delete it from the filesystem because it says it can't find the item.

How can I delete this and/or fix the Garbage Collection error?

- Advertisement -