Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2005)
 SQL Server 2005 LPIM and AWE

Author  Topic 

smakdown61
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2014-04-14 : 08:50:00
I'm attempting to enable AWE on SQL Server 2005 SP2 Standard but have read there may/may not be other items to enable first depending on the version.

I know I have to first enable lock pages in memory. I have sql running via the local system account so I don't think I need to add any users to the group policy correct? I also read that I need to enable trace flag 845 during startup or else it won't work? And that SP3 with CU4 is required for this to actually function in the Standard edition? There doesn't seem to be any official MSDN documents referencing any of this, but other DBA's mention this process.

Even with none of this done, if I set AWE to enabled, I actually get an "Address Windowing Extensions Enabled" message which contradicts what some of the DBA's are saying is required.

Note: SQL Server Standard 2005 (9.00.3042) and Win Server 2003 Standard. Both 32bit.

- Advertisement -