SQL Server Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2012)
 FileTable share UNC folder problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

objectref
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2014 :  05:56:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi to all!

I have successfully set up a FILETABLE configuration on an Sql Server 2012 Standard edition. I am able to see the table "DocStore" in FileTables db-section, query the table and all are working ok.

Problem is that I cannot directly access the FileTable share folder on my server from another machine on my network, unless I create a login (Security/Logins) on my db-server for the user that I want to to have access from.

For example:

The FileTable share folder on the database server is "\\silo\mssqlserver\DocStore\Data". If I want to access it from a pc that mydomain\user1 is logged in, I have to create a login in db-server "silo" for that domain user. Then I can see the folder in any machine that mydomain\user1 is logged in and then be able to copy folders and files in it so they can be reflected on the FILETABLE. As this will not work for me well in the scenario I am dealing with, is there another way to access the FileTable share folder *without* being forced to create a login for every user I want to put files in ?

Thanks a lot, in advance, for any help on this.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000