Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2012)
 FileTable share UNC folder problem

Author  Topic 

objectref
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2014-04-16 : 05:56:23
Hi to all!

I have successfully set up a FILETABLE configuration on an Sql Server 2012 Standard edition. I am able to see the table "DocStore" in FileTables db-section, query the table and all are working ok.

Problem is that I cannot directly access the FileTable share folder on my server from another machine on my network, unless I create a login (Security/Logins) on my db-server for the user that I want to to have access from.

For example:

The FileTable share folder on the database server is "\\silo\mssqlserver\DocStore\Data". If I want to access it from a pc that mydomain\user1 is logged in, I have to create a login in db-server "silo" for that domain user. Then I can see the folder in any machine that mydomain\user1 is logged in and then be able to copy folders and files in it so they can be reflected on the FILETABLE. As this will not work for me well in the scenario I am dealing with, is there another way to access the FileTable share folder *without* being forced to create a login for every user I want to put files in ?

Thanks a lot, in advance, for any help on this.

- Advertisement -