Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Analysis Server and Reporting Services (2008)
 SSRS Reporting Using Linked Servers

Author  Topic 

newbie600
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 2014-04-16 : 15:22:43
I am looking for someone who can direct me in setting up linked servers and writing the necessary queries to use the linked servers. I have two databases, on different servers. I access both databases using ODBC connections. On DB1 I run a query which collects loans booked during a specific time window. On DB2 I run a query which collects the 'loan packages' which have been scanned into our Optical database. Ultimately, I need to compare the query from DB1 to the query from DB2 to determine which loans have NOT had the 'loan packages' scanned into the optical system.

My understanding is that I must set up the linked server in Management Studio and I am looking for the detailed steps to accomplish the correct setup. Once the linked servers are correctly setup, I need to be able to create the appropriate query to use the linked server setup.

I know this looks like I'm rambling on.....hope I've provided enough detail to at least begin a dialogue.....

Thanks, in advance, for your assistance...

Ray Bond

- Advertisement -