Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Analysis Server and Reporting Services (2008)
 ssrs 2008 visibilty of column for a group

Author  Topic 

scamper
Yak Posting Veteran

52 Posts

Posted - 2014-04-18 : 17:18:38
In an SSRS 2008 r2 report, I just added some 3 more column groups to the existing detail line report. The name of the column groups are called type, section, and category. The user wants these new column groups to be displayed in most cases except for customers that live in California. When the customer lives in California, the user does not want the columns to be displayed.
When I try to see the visibility property for these 3 columns that are setup as a grouping, the option to set the visibility of the column is grayed out (I can not use it).

I have set the advanced mode option on so that I work with the column groups. When I select the applicable static columns for type, section, and category columns with the following visibility expression =IIF(Parameters!state.Value = "ca", False, True), no detail rows are displayed. This is for records where the state is CA. When the state is not ca, then the detail rows are displayed.

When I only work with the rows group, I get the same result that I just listed above.

Thus is there a way to set the visibility column for columns that are setup as groups? If so, can you tell me how to accomplish this goal? If this is not possible, Can you tell me any other way that would accomplish my goal?

- Advertisement -