Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2012)
 SSIS Script Task Issue

Author  Topic 

bandi
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2242 Posts

Posted - 2014-04-29 : 09:35:20
We have one script task. There am using ADO Connection to execute INSERT/UPDATE statements in the Script task...

The package is executing well from the development tool( Visual Studio 2012). After deploying package to DB server, then it throws exception while running ADO Code.....

What can be the problem for exception?
How to resolve this issue?

--
Chandu

James K

3873 Posts

Posted - 2014-04-29 : 15:54:47
What is the exception? Does it give you a call stack? If I had to guess, I would think it has to do with differences in either permissions or connection strings resulting in the inability of the ADO code to access the database. Are you accessing the same database from Dev Studio and in the deployed scenario?
Go to Top of Page

bandi

2242 Posts

Posted - 2014-05-07 : 02:14:47
Hi James,
Thank you for the response...

We were getting generic message "Exception has been thrown by target invocation".

if the Script task is having MessageBox then we are getting the above error.

What can be the problem?

NOTE: We used Script task of SSDT 2012

--
Chandu
Go to Top of Page

bandi

2242 Posts

Posted - 2014-05-15 : 01:03:38
Alternative solution for the above issue,
1) For MessageBox issue, We have removed MessageBox.Show() code line... Instead of PopUp message we logged that information to
DB table.....

2) we found out that the Exception was because of my web service call( i.e. Port enable issue between two servers)

--
Chandu
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -