Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Development (2000)
 Error 3027

Author  Topic 

GuilleMartin
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2002-09-03 : 11:50:39
Hi!

I'm trying to copy all tables of my production database in another database to practice some changes
I make the new database and import all tables but, when I try to add a new register in the copy of database (with my application) i have this message:

Run Time Error 3027: Can't Update. Database or object is read only

Somebody know what happend??

THX

Guillermo M.
Buenos Aires,
Argentina

Crespo

85 Posts

Posted - 2002-09-04 : 06:30:05
Your database was set to READ ONLY so the new copy will also be READ ONLY.
There are two ways you can change the settings of your database. Either with the Enterprise manager or Transact SQL.

In Enterprise manager, right click the database and select PROPERTIES from the menu. Select Options and untick the READ ONLY box. This should make your database accept read and write operations.
But if you want to use Transact SQL I suggest you try the ALTER DATABASE command to change the settings of your database.

Also you can try the DATABASEPROPERTYEX function by supplying the name of your database and using the Updateability property. This should tell you whether your database is READ ONLY or READ/WRITE.

Good Luck!

Crespo.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -