SQL Server Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2012)
 Receiving exception when using Sql Server XA datas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mgreen84
Yak Posting Veteran

63 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2014 :  11:11:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am trying to use the Sql Server XA datasource, and I am getting the following exception on my db, has anyone seen this error before or can stare me in correct path to address it?

Error:

javax.transaction.xa.XAException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Could not find stored procedure 'master..xp_sqljdbc_xa_start'.
                at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerXAResource.DTC_XA_Interface(SQLServerXAResource.java:647)
                at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerXAResource.start(SQLServerXAResource.java:679)
                at com.sun.gjc.spi.XAResourceImpl.start(XAResourceImpl.java:224)
                at com.sun.jts.jta.TransactionState.startAssociation(TransactionState.java:304)
                at com.sun.jts.jta.TransactionImpl.enlistResource(TransactionImpl.java:212)
                at com.sun.enterprise.transaction.JavaEETransactionImpl.enlistResource(JavaEETransactionImpl.java:639)
                at com.sun.enterprise.transaction.JavaEETransactionManagerSimplified.enlistXAResource(JavaEETransactionManagerSimplified.java:1314)

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

USA
37142 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2014 :  13:22:16  Show Profile  Visit tkizer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You need to look in the master database to see if the XA extended stored procedures have been created. According to the error, they have not. I've setup XA numerous times and am very familiar with its setup. Was the dll added to the BINN directory on the database server? If so, as the install SQL script run?

Tara Kizer
SQL Server MVP since 2007
http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/tarad/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000