Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2008)
 Ssis error: object not set to a valid object type

Author  Topic 

ayaz_niazi
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2014-06-09 : 10:43:15

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 3:32:39 PM

I have a for each container that is enumerating inside excel files. I have a file system task inside the container. The file system has to copy files from source to destination. User:working is the variable for destination. ArgValue is the variable for source. Both are string variables having the path name. So I execute the foreach container. Two things are wrong

1) it does not go inside and execute the file system task

2)it shows green but throws error variable not set to a valid object type. This foreach container is referring to two variables Argvalue and ArgId. This ArgId is an object variable. The Argvalue is referred in the Variable mapping section.

I am really confused why it is throwing this error when I execute the container. It does not go in the File System task. I tried executing the File system separately and it works. But it defeats the whole purpose of the container. It must execute inside the container. It has been taking a while. Please help.

- Advertisement -