Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2008)
 Problem with multiple flat file process.

Author  Topic 

under2811
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

366 Posts

Posted - 2014-07-14 : 05:57:09
Hi Experts,

I am facing some weired proble while processing multiple csv files. I am using foreach loop container for my package. I am checking file exists and then if it is open then dont go for dataflow take next file and process if it exists and closed.

Suppose I have file names as A.csv (record count = 50) and B.csv (record count = 100)

If i start my process and file B is open then it will process file A insert all 50 records in DB and then go for file B but as it is open it will com out loop and complete package.

If i start my process and file A is open then it will not process file A and then go for file B process it but it will process less than 100 records only :( and complete package.

Why????

Is there any setting i need to do foreach loop container??

T.I.A

gbritton
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2780 Posts

Posted - 2014-07-14 : 07:49:56
Have you set up dataviewers to see what is going on in the dataflow? That could show you what records are being sent to the db and which ones are causing errors. Make sure you populate all the error connectors even if just to a RecordCount transform) and put a datagrid view on every path. Then, run both scenarios and observer the result. That should help you.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -