Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2012)
 SSIS 2012

Author  Topic 

jbates99
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

396 Posts

Posted - 2014-07-24 : 20:52:24
hi experts,

In 2012, Management Studio shows a folder named "Integration Catalogs".
I'm migrating packages from 2008 R2 to 2012. Should I use the catalog?
Thanks, Jack

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2014-07-24 : 20:58:45
We do. I could be wrong, but I think it matters when you have SSIS Packages bundled in a project.

Tara Kizer
SQL Server MVP since 2007
http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/tarad/
Go to Top of Page

andrew321
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 2014-07-30 : 02:20:48
SSISDB catalogs are the relevant part working with the SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) projects that have applied to the Integration Services Server.

User access the SSISDB catalog in management studio by connecting SQL Server database engine then expands the Integration Services Catalogs node in Object Explorer. You can carry projects that contain packages to an Integration Services Server only after designing and testing packages in SQL Server data tools. The SQL Server must have catalog. The SQL Server 2012 doesn’t create catalog automatically. Create catalog first by manual procedure.

1. Open SSMS
2. Connect to SQL Server Database Engine
3. Expand the Server node from the Object Explorer, right click on Integration Services Catalog then create catalog.
4. Click on the Enable CLR Integration (catalog uses CLR stored procedures).
5. To run SQL Server instances each time click on the Enable automatic execution of Integration Services stored procedure at SQL Server startup.
Stored procedure maintains the operation state for the catalog. It verifies if any packages running or not and when SSIS server goes down.
6. Enter password then click on OK button.
7. The encryption for catalog used by database master key which is protected by password. Save the password.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -