Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 Analysis Server and Reporting Services (2012)
 ssrs page break between 2 expressions

Author  Topic 

jassie
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

332 Posts

Posted - 2014-08-03 : 14:37:34
I need to make a change to an ssrs 2012 report based upon how may days delinquent a particular customer is. The information for each letter (report) is obtained from a string field called strLetter. The string field called strLetter contains the information in html format.

When the existing ssrs reports are running the users are able to select parameter values to run the report. One of the parameters is to select how may days delinquent a customer is (5 days, 15 days, 20 days, 30 days, and 90 days).

Right now there are letters for 5 days, 15 days, 20 days, 30 days, and 90 days that go directly to the customer. Now I need to create an additional 20 day letter that goes to my company's attorney. This means that I have 2 letters that need to be generated at the 20 day mark (1 for the customer and 1 for the attorney).

To solve this situation, I have the following questions:
1. Is there a way to create the 2 20 day letters by using the existing 20 day drop down list? In other words, in the ssrs report can I create a page break between the 2 20 reports (letters)? Can I have something like:
strstrLetter value
page break,
strLetter value2.
If so how would I accomplish this goal?
2. If the above is not a possibility can tell me how you would solve the issue to create 2 reports at the 20 day delinquent mark?

tm
Posting Yak Master

160 Posts

Posted - 2014-08-05 : 13:21:57
In One report ..

Use a Rectangle report item (Object) to your report for your second letter. (or use one rectangle for first and another rectangle for second letter as this will group each letter)

Add your information into the Rectangle report item or create a sub report to add to the Rectangle report item.

Set Rectangle properties:

Hidden Property - Set expression condition to hide
PageBreak Property - sub property BreakLocation - Set as required

Go to Top of Page

jassie
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

332 Posts

Posted - 2014-08-09 : 18:48:52
thanks!
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -