Yak Posting Veteran
Posted - 08/04/2014 : 22:02:35
| I am trying to delete some data from a linked server using a simple query
Delete from [MyServer].db.dbo.tableA where UniqueKey in (Select UniqueKey from #DeleteKeys)-- Temp table here is just an example
I am doing multiple delete so doing this in a transaction
But I get below error:
"The transaction manager has disabled its support for remote/network transactions.
I also tried doing below steps:
Follow this step to verify your DTC has been configure Properly
1. Go to "Administrative Tools > Component Services"
2. On the left navigation tree, go to "Component Services > Computers
> My Computer"
3. Right click on "My Computer", select "Properties"
4. Select "MSDTC" tab
5. Click "Security Configuration"
6. Make sure you check "Network DTC Access", "Allow Remote Client",
"Allow Inbound/Outbound", "Enable TIP" (Some option may not be
necessary, have a try to get your configuration)
7. The service will restart
8. You May need to restart the server if necessary
9.Do the same thing On your client computer
but then i got error - "No transaction is active."
I am not able to correct this error since last 2 days.. could someone please advice
Edited by - Kimi86 on 08/04/2014 22:44:55