Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Administration
 Tracking DBMail to what called it

Author  Topic 

J_DubbCTS
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2014-08-20 : 10:26:48
Greetings folks,

I recently created a stored procedure that runs at the end of the day with a summary of dbmail failures (if at least one exists for the past 24 hours).

I received an e-mail today indicating that we had a failure yesterday which was due to a malformed destination e-mail address. That's an easy fix - IF I could find the stored procedure that the malformed address is in - assuming it's a stored procedure, though that may not be a safe assumption.

I checked jobs that ran at around the time of the failure but I don't see anything listed, and there hasn't been a historical failure at around the time, so it's possible it's a one-time deal but I would still like to be able to discern what generated it to begin with.

I thought that there might be one of the msdb sysmail* tables that would show what proc may have called dbmail, but I couldn't find anything like that.

Anyone have any experience with this that might be able to help shed some light?

- Advertisement -