Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Analysis Server and Reporting Services (2008)
 Subracting Expressions / Report Builder 3.0

Author  Topic 

shaves
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2014-09-09 : 15:48:53
I have 2 expressions to fill in the column for the current amount and prior amount:

Current Amount: =IIf(Fields!ACCOUNTING_PERIOD.Value = Parameters!AP.Value, Fields!DEPR.Value, "")

Prior Amount: =IIf(Fields!ACCOUNTING_PERIOD.Value = Parameters!PRAP.Value, Fields!DEPR.Value, "")

What I need to is complete a 3rd column (called "Diff) by subtracting the value in the prior amount field from the value in the current amount field.

I tried to use the following expression that subtracts 1 from the other to get the difference:
=(=IIf(Fields!ACCOUNTING_PERIOD.Value = Parameters!AP.Value, Fields!DEPR.Value, 0)) – (=IIf(Fields!ACCOUNTING_PERIOD.Value = Parameters!PRAP.Value, Fields!DEPR.Value, 0))

However, I get the following errorm message:
The Value expression for the textrun ‘Textbox6.Paragraphs[0].TextRuns[0]’ contains an error: [BC30037] Character is not valid.

fyi...............Textbox6 is the cell where this expression resides.
Any help in correcting this expression would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.

- Advertisement -