Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Development (2000)
 ERROR: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Cursor operation conflict

Author  Topic 

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

0 Posts

Posted - 2002-09-09 : 09:04:58
jvr writes "Hi Everybody,

We have production servers on SQL Server 2000 Database. Some times when we apply DML statements thru web applications on Database
we are getting following error could any one suggest me what this error and how i can overcome this error.

ERROR: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Cursor operation conflict

Thanks in advance

Jvr"

ehorn
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1632 Posts

Posted - 2002-09-09 : 10:29:03
This error description is somewhat vague and difficult to isolate. Is it possible to execute the DML via Query Analyzer? My thought is that the error is probably occuring as a result of some locking issues. Re-creation, isolation and identification may require simulating a production type load in Query Analyzer to identify the root cause.

Hope this helps.

Go to Top of Page

robvolk
Most Valuable Yak

15732 Posts

Posted - 2002-09-09 : 10:52:02
Which line does the error occur? Can you post the code?

You should also look for any recordset Move methods, especially MovePrevious or MoveFirst. Certain types of ADO Recordset types and/or cursor options don't allow these methods or any other backwards scrolling.

You can also try using a native SQL Server OLE DB provider instead of the ODBC provider. ODBC is notoriously finicky about certain operations. It might also be fixed by updating the MDAC drivers, you can get them here:

http://www.microsoft.com/data/download.htm

If you are using a version of MDAC prior to 2.5, I would bet that upgrading will solve the problem. Unless you are running SQL Server on a clustered machine, get 2.6 or 2.7 with the latest service pack for their respective version.

Edited by - robvolk on 09/09/2002 10:54:28
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -