Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2012)
 SSIS variable to connect to remote server

Author  Topic 

yardy78
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2014-10-13 : 20:59:43
i created a variable Foldername with the folllowing expression

"/QWSERC(" + "\\"+"c:"+"\\"+"download" + "\\"+(DT_STR,4,1252)YEAR( DATEADD( "dd", -1, getdate() )) +"-"+ (DT_STR,4,1252)MONTH( DATEADD( "dd", -1, getdate() )) + "-"+(DT_STR,4,1252)DAY( DATEADD( "dd",0 , getdate() ))+"\\"+"*.*"

the location is /QWSERC(the server name c:\download\2014-10-13 the it will pick up all log files *.log

i then open my MULTIFILE connection manager properties then in expression i call the variable [user::foldername] this way it picks ups the files daily in the various dated folders. The process runs however it does not picky up my log files even though it has a green mark for success. When i remove the expression and manually point my MULTIFILE connect to the location and select all the files and run it , that works perfectly, i dont want to manaually do this i want programatically do so this the variable

PLEASE ASSIST

- Advertisement -