Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2008)
 XML From HTTP

Author  Topic 

swoozie
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 2014-11-03 : 09:44:48
I have 2008 R2 SP2 SQL Server

Change in Need: I am not actually able to post the XML and Schema.

I down load the XML, no issues. I then Use the XML Data flow task to import it. The way it is set up it imports into 4 different tables. I am having the issue here. The XML file\Schema actually has 5 tables identified in it. The 5th table is not needed however it also makes everything fail because it has a node, and a child node named the same thing.

Example:
[CODE]
<xs:element minOccurs="0" name="Names">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" name="Name"> --Table
<xs:complexType>
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element minOccurs="0" name="Name" type="xs:string" /> --Column
<xs:element minOccurs="0" name="type" type="xs:string" />
<xs:element minOccurs="0" name="description" type="xs:string" />
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>
[/CODE]

Because NAME is used both for the table name and the column name I am getting an Error,
[XML [286]] Error: The component "XML" (286) was unable to process the XML data. The element "name" cannot contain a child element. Content model is text only.

[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED. The PrimeOutput method on component "XML" (286) returned error code 0xC02092B0. The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

I want to be able to Skip it.

I also tried to do this all by SQL Script Task but I an having issues transferring the variable for the Location.

gbritton
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2780 Posts

Posted - 2014-11-03 : 11:31:44
Please post the schema of your temp table and a sample of the XML data you downloaded.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -