I have a 2005 server with a default instance and 2 named instances. All are SQL Server 9.0.4294 (Cumulative Update Package 9 for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 3).
The default instance not having issues sending mail, but the 2 named instances are. Message (see below) indicates a problem getting at the TIMEOUT column because 2005 Service Pack 2 received a new version of the binary files and schema definitions.
I have experimented with the DatabaseMailUserRole in msdb, and also attempted to create different profiles and users ... none have solved the issue.
Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.
Specific error text:
1) Exception Information =================== Exception Type: Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Common.BaseException Message: Mail configuration information could not be read from the database. Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal TargetSite: Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Objects.Account GetAccount(Int32) HelpLink: NULL Source: DatabaseMailEngine StackTrace Information =================== at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.DataAccess.DataAccessAdapter.GetAccount(Int32 accountID) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Controller.CommandFactory.CreateSendMailCommand(DBSession dbSession) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Controller.CommandRunner.Run(DBSession db) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.IMailProcess.ThreadCallBack.MailOperation(Object o) 2) Exception Information =================== Exception Type: System.IndexOutOfRangeException Message: timeout Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal TargetSite: Int32 GetOrdinal(System.String) HelpLink: NULL Source: System.Data StackTrace Information =================== at System.Data.ProviderBase.FieldNameLookup.GetOrdinal(String fieldName) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.GetOrdinal(String name) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_Item(String name) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.DataAccess.DataAccessAdapter.GetAccount(Int32 accountID)
I have not run into this issue specifically but, I did some quick searches and turned up a few resources that may help. According to Microsoft, this appears to be an issue with 2005 and 2008. 2005 Service Pack 3 Cumulative Update 4 is supposed to resolve the issue but, from what I have read, this doesn't always happen. Here are some resources I have found: