Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2012)
 Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObj

Author  Topic 

vamsye
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2014-12-31 : 10:54:39
I'm getting the following pop up message whenever I'm trying to open a SSDT solution.

Note: I have already registered the Dts.dll, but it did not make any change, also I have update the visual studio to latest update 4.

I have registered the dll by using CMD to the below location and entering regsvr32 dts.dll, it brought up a popup message saying the dll the has been registered.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn

But the issue remains the same, I have to click ok on the popup msg for about 20-30 times to make it go away and the dtsx package in the solution work just fine after closing the pop up.

Can any one please help me with a solution for this.

unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.Wrapper.IDTSObject100'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{203E24BD-5203-4C76-AFC7-7C8545EBA1A0}' failed due to the following error: The application called an interface that was marshalled for a different thread. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8001010E (RPC_E_WRONG_THREAD)). (Microsoft Visual Studio)

viggneshwar
Yak Posting Veteran

86 Posts

Posted - 2015-01-28 : 03:35:39
Reinstall the SQL Server and try

Regards
Viggneshwar A
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -